Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review: Lick (Stage Dive #1) by Kylie Scott


Title: Lick (Stage Dive #1)
Author: Kylie Scott
Release Date: July 1, 2013
Publisher: Momemtum
Pages: 286
Source: Bought from Amazon/Kindle



Synopsis: (Taken from Goodreads)
Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favourite son is sure to be a wild ride.


My Thoughts:
Lick was an addiction for me the 2 days I read it. If I could have blown off work to read it, I would have but unfortunately I could not or else I would have finished the book in 1 day. I was reading this book all through work because I just could not get enough. It was so good.

We start off with Evelyn waking up in a strange place, hung over in Vegas. This is where she first meets David (well when she wasn’t drunk) and she notices a huge diamond ring on her finger. David then tells her that they got married. Evelyn doesn’t remember getting married and most of that night. Evelyn and David must decide if they should give the marriage a chance or get an annulment.

I think my favourite part of the story is the fact that after meeting Evelyn once and spending time with her, David knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her; something as romantic as that, hardly ever happens in real life. David blew my break away. When he cares about someone, he will do anything to make them happy. He is extremely hot, kind, sincere and persistent. Once he sees what he wants he goes out and gets it, no matter what. Also he is very romantic. I love that he takes Evelyn for what she is it doesn’t matter to him if she was fat, and have a big butt or curves. He will love her for who she is, not just her body. I liked Evelyn. She is kind, smart and knows when to stand up for herself. She is shy at times to voice her opinion but she knows how to take care of herself. I found the chemistry between David and Evelyn to be electric. Their sex scenes were HOT. They are the opposite of each other but they work. They make sense.

At about 65-70% in the book, a twist I didn’t expect happened and I was tearing up. Everything else in Lick was pretty much predictable but the book was still so good. I found that the book could also use a little bit of editing then it would be perfect.

Mal was another of my favourite characters in Lick. I found myself laughing out loud when he was around. I am really looking forward to his book and the woman that tames him. Lick is an unconventional love story that will make you swoon. I think everyone should read it.


My Rating:
4.5 stars
Raquel
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment